something I wrote stood out.
like thoughts stand out.
and people.

someone I want to be.
or want to be like.
or want to be liked.

or want them to be alike.
they are.
quite.

quite different. the two paths.
the two halves.
of the moon.
make a full moon.
no moon.
new moon.
its too soon.
you're too far.
to get to.

ahh, the sky was so blue.
tonight. at twilight.
you might.
laugh.
but I'm not kidding.
i stepped out of the building that held my day
and looked across the lights.
the trees.
the distance.
it was dark.
ish.
it was bright.
bright blue.
bluer than I'd seen.
unless.
I had never noticed.
what a sight not to see.
the blue beyond the trees.

the you beyond the me.

hmph.
who is she? ["am I in love with just a theme?"]
in the picture?
in the mirror?
in the window.

out of mind.
out of my mind.
out of this time.
out of time.


["Somewhere across the sea of time, a love immortal just like mine will come to me eternally. Immortal she, return to me."]