All week I have been thinking so much about John's death. I think it made me live more, but I don't really know how to explain that. Anyway, I had tons of emails when I got home and here was the update from Martha:

Alex,
John had a massive heart attack. Apparently he had an hereditary condition and was getting maxed out in terms of stress load. His death re-energized the project and Senator Murray is hoping to send a big federal stimulus check to Growing Places. We will see.
Danielle is now the Director. You could send the photos to her - email address on the Growing Places website.
The service was very heartfelt as only a small town can do.
Martha


*sigh*
Well, receiving this converged with receiving a phone call from one of the camps I had applied for. They threw me into an intensive interview right away, which that burnt me out and kinda deterred me from wanting to work there. Long hours, no breaks, and too many extenuating circumstances. I'm confused about it, and I should call and ask questions but I couldn't really understand the woman on the phone, and I got the call pretty shortly after I got home from my trip.
Anyway, both of these things just kinda overwhelmed me. And I can't stop thinking about John. Plus, now I want to be even more involved in Growing Places... I will email Martha about possible opportunities this summer. Maybe I can just stay with her... oh man... that's a good idea for housing next year, or even just this summer if I possible help out with the project.
Another option this summer is working at Wilani. I am going to apply today. I think
that particular camp fits my personality better (just a feeling). Plus I have been there, and I kinda know the ropes, (and the season is shorter).

i don't even care right now, im so tired. I think I'm gonna ask mom if she wants to watch girly movies tonight, and hopefully cry some.
I feel super down right now.
Pizza, sleep and girly movies should remedy that for today. After that though, who knows.
I need to run again too. Soon. Today, or tomorrow. No excuses.