I fucking love this CD. Today is my first time listening to it all the way through.
(I tried listening to it on Monday, but was interrupted by the moment that would actually make the lyrics so pertinent to my life now.)

It's the only music I played during my run today.
Its mellow, but emotional. And the pain, angst, or just pure passion in Glen Hansard's voice at some points really struck me, and the duets are always just beautiful and powerful between he and Marketa. So I guess it was motivating to a certain extent, but it definitely kept my mind circling the same general loop of thought the whole time. Though... I was running in circles, and my mind would have likely been going those directions anyway. I weaved in my route from last year, at the end, cause I had done my longest route and still wanted to keep going. Added about two miles on the end.

I figured my mileage online when I got back.


"if everything is measured by the hole it leaves behind
then this mountain has been leveled..."
--just one of the many gems within their lyrics.