This is (sort of) how I feel today:

"It is often said that a disproportionate obsession with purely academic or abstract matters indicates a retreat from the problems of real life. However, most of the people engaged in such matters say that this attitude is based on three things. Ignorance, stupidity, and nothing else. Philosophers for example argue that they are very much concerned with the problems posed by real life. Like for instance, what do we mean by real, and how can we reach an empirical definition of life, and so on. One definition of life, or be it not a particularly useful one, might run something like this: life is that property which a being will lose as a result of falling out of a cold and mysterious cave thirteen miles above ground level. This is not a useful definition (A) because it could equally refer to the subject of glasses if the being is wearing them, and (B) because it fails to take into account the possibility that the subject might happen to fall onto the back of an extremely large passing bird. The first of these flaws is due to sloppy thinking, but the second is understandable because the mere idea is utterly ludicrous."

I think Chris Appleseth wrote it cause it was a note of his on Facebook. But he could have gotten it from somewhere else.

Anyway, what I mean by this is how I feel, is just that everything is so fucking absurd, and seriously, sometimes the only way to maneuver it is to be as random and abstract. And this makes me laugh every time I read it.

Occasionally I go through and read people's notes on Facebook. Usually they are uninteresting, but sometimes they are really revealing (most people don't keep blogs, but still often feel the need to express their innermost feelings on the worldwideweb). When they do so sometimes it beautiful and sometimes its rather ugly. There's one in particular that is pretty ugly, and everytime I read it I want to punch the writer.

Ok, enough of this. Onto my endless work.