I am home. Yesterday I caught a ride with Ben J who was visiting his brother at Evergreen. Their grandmother passed away yesterday and Ben was headed home to an empty house, so I invited him to stay over. When we got to the valley he and I went out to dinner at Los Cabos and humiliated ourselves with pathetic attempts to speak in Spanish to the waiters. For the rest of the night we sipped hot chocolate, and played the guiter and tried to figure out how to restring the banjo, introduced each other to new music, joked about making a band called "Ben Joselyn Dropped Out," and talked about life. I was glad to spend the time with him, and more glad he didn't have to be alone.
He left early to see Emily. I slept late.

When I finally got up and saw the sun I was determined to go climbing. I grabbed my clothes for the wedding and my climbing shoes, and caught a ride into town with Dad. It was freezing at the feature and I had to stay sun-side for a while. Once I did some traverses and warmed up I felt great. I relish that mode I can get into when my fingers are numb from being cold and it feels like I can pretty much hold anything (even though I keep slipping off). I felt pumped up and so glad to be outside. I had the place to myself for a while, until these two guys came over and I sorta recognized one from Mount Si. Turns out it was Trey and Baly Botten, two of Cody Botten's brothers. I felt oddly privileged to meet them and was glad to see them being happy. We worked on a couple routes together and they went insanely high for not having any ropes. When the sun fell behind the hills it was too cold to climb anymore. As I began walking I realized that I probably shouldn't have worn Chaco's. Note to self: "Sun does not mean summer! Wear socks in February."

I walked to Ben's because I really wanted to see Emily who was also visiting the valley this weekend. I put on Nellie's UGG boots to keep my feet warm. I couldn't believe they fit (she is all grown up, and apparently has a boyfriend too. Oh, being 13). Ben, Em and I went on a quest for tracing velum and margarita mix. Saw the pink lady that use to stalk me and Tony. Saw Cynthia Jane and talked about how my flower-stunt went over. When I realized how little time I had to be at Dave and Cheryls to leave for the wedding we ran back to Ben's to grab my stuff and I scarfed a Peanut Butter and Chocolate Chip sandwich. I hopped across the street to Dave's and changed in the car.

The wedding.... Lets skip that part. The reception was fun. I loved catching up with Ashley and meeting her boyfri....husband. We danced together and I was reminded me of all our old dance parties summer after tenth grade. I can't believe she's married now. Anyway, the DJ did a bunch of couple-y dances (duh, its a wedding... but I was hellza bored because the only people I knew there were couples). Needless to say I was stoked when Single Ladies came on and I immediately rushed to the center of the dance floor where I danced and sang. The music cut and there was a countdown. I was standing right where the bouquet was thrown. All I had to do was make an epic keeper save on my tiptoes to catch it. Look... it was an effort for Nate's sake who begged Dave and Cheryl to stop suggesting that Annie be the one to catch it. Anyway I thought it was hilarious, especially because people took it so seriously afterwards. Ahh well, at least now that superstition will be laid to rest. I might have to gag myself later for saying this but I felt pretty special... *cringe* nevermind that.
Oh donny... I must have had too much sugar. But there was chocolate chip cookies and a fondue fountain so it was all justified I suppose.

I didn't think I would feel glad to have gone to the wedding, but I do. I am happy to have been there for her, and to have had that time with her, and to see her so happy.