"I'm reading "Iran Awakening" for my gender and politics class, and it's author Shirin Ebadi is just so... You.
The way she gets pissed people who blindly obey... The way she acts as though common sense and morality should always override the actual legal tenants... The way she writes about how she can't stand to write to her friends whom have left Iran, not because she has forgotten them, but because of how she remembers too well the way things were with them... Every sentence she writes i can't help looking at through your eyes, so much to the point that it's almost painful. She reacts to the events of oppression in ways that i would almost guarantee you would... She fights, and doesn't stop, even when most overwhelmed. And then i find my mind wandering and putting you in her place. Your face down among the many who can't comprehend the brutality of their state, the ludicrous nature of the laws being put forth. Your form, hunkering down in a small house with gunfire and explosions racking the buildings, lighting candles, silently singing and trying to take care of all those around you...

Hah, funny. My grandma just told me that "reading can't hurt you"
I only nodded, but i know better.
Reading, art and creativity, has hurt me more than any physical pain ever will.
I'm sure you feel similar... and we both know it's something that they will never understand."

------------------------------------

always interesting to see yourself through the eyes of another.