Tonight I am going to have to make a decision about NYSC. I called Madelyn for advice about it. She reminded me that last year I had expressed to her my frustration of always feeling distanced from the delegates because I my lens was always between us; because I was often supposed to act invisible in order to get candid shots. She encouraged me to be confident in my ability to be climbing assistant. While I am tempted to stay with what I know I can excel in, she may have convinced me to take the chance. How could I go wrong being involved with climbing all summer anyway?

It's Tony's birthday today. He's been in more contact with me lately. I enjoy knowing that he still values a friendship between us.

Apparently there is something going on at home right now. Mom's going to call me soon. I will feel better when I know nothing bad happened...