Today was bound to be full.

A year ago tonight I was in Miami with Ben and we were sleeping on an airport floor; the first night of my journey. Today seems to be the marker for so many beginnings and endings since last year, and I have been anticipating making it here for a while. I didn't realize today would be so intense though.


Two people from my graduating class died this week. Nick Harmon and Jacob Lund. There was another person from the valley too. What else is there to say about it? Nick had been a good friend of mine, though many years back it was. Jacob and I didn't get along at all. I drummed in band with both of them. One of them died by accident. The other by choice.
So strange, the difference.


I ran into Shane after the Writing Center meeting and we ended up having lunch and a powerful conversation together. It feels as though we are old friends, and yet we have spent such sparse, short time together in the past. I was surprised how easily and openly I could talk with him. But the interaction fueled me to do some much-needed writing and thinking. So much writing happened. "So much" being relative to the little snippets of thought I periodically record and it call writing. No. I actually felt like I was writing today. (But I just looked at it, and its like a page, front and back. Sheesh... what's happened to me? ...Granted, I was interupted by having to go to a meeting, but fuckin' still... I wish I wrote more. I wish I had the time and inspiration to just sit and write more often).


Oh, after Shane left, I was pleased to also see Ben walking by. I thought he'd left for Turkey already. I called him over and he sat down to talk for a few. Was glad to see him today.


My run was good. It had been the first time I've made the effort to go on a decent run since I left last April. I needed it though. I was bursting. I've been craving that release for so long, but put it off because of my ankles, among other excuses. Halfway on my way to DA PEOPLE's house my right ankle started throbbing and I told it "too bad" and kept going. I needed to run. Was just hitting my stride when I got to the house but decided not to keep going. Wanted to spend time with Ari (who's visiting) since I decided not to go to the movie with them. It got bad reviews and seemed far too violent for my current state.


Eric drove me home though, and I sat and tried to work on my Inkwell article. Ended up writing something completely different than my intended article. It's for Inkwell, and I may do it in stead of or in addition to my Dialogue article.


Yea, lot of built up energy today. Lot of expression.

op, time to go