is keeping me company as I do my homework tonight. Yes, I have homework tonight. Woah.

Oh, another surprising thing: Bret said something today that made me feel... good (at least in the sense that it was something I can agree with, and something I can engage with without being totally devestated). It was a very Wendell Berry-esque thing to say and I don't remember it totally but it was about how in our culture we don't value the power of limits and quality; we are numbed to true enjoyment because we are addicted to the availability and cheapness of "junk food," "junk entertainment," "junk sex," and how we should all try to be more aware of this.

It reminded me of this WB quote: "If one is to have the power and delight of one's sexuality, then the generality of instinct must be resolved in a responsible relationship to a particular person." 
And... wow. Loaded, but I will save more of that discussion for my upcoming essay (which is slowly becoming a novel, which means it may self-destruct.