Not the best run in the world, but at least I ran. I just need to keep this momentum going so I don't fall back into my routine of never working out, like first and second quarters. I left at like 7:15 and stretched for a couple minutes. I got back at 7:40 ish. I walked a lot too (but I blame that on stupid menstrual cramps, on top of not letting my food digest enough before I started. That sucks though because dinner time is usually when I get pumped to run. ...I will just have to change that.) Anyway, I have really good stamina, so distance/time isnt really the problem. The problem is route. All this week I ran the same route (plus/minus some) and 1) it isnt long enough, by far, and 2) I really need variety because that is what motivates me. What disengages me from exploring is the prospect of getting lost (another thing I will just need to get over... this campus isnt that big). Ahh well, I am just happy that I'm active again.


hmm.
oh yea, I wanted to list the songs that I listened to on my runs. The ones that are effective in helping me focus (or relax, as the case may be). Maybe I will make a playlist (if I can ever figure out how on that damned device --which I love!)
Today I started with the first one that came on which was Transatlanticism. Of course that one has a perfect rhythm and I am already use to getting short of breath on that one, cause I generally freak out and jump up and down for 7 minutes whenever they play it at concerts. :P
Anyway, the next song I didnt skip was Avenged Sevenfold's I Won't See You Tonight (Part 1, mind you). I let that song play because I know it can make me really angry, and emotional which, coincidentally makes me want to run more.
After that, which is another long one, I came across some deer and pulled out my headphones so I could talk to them as I passed. I walked here, and watched them. They didn't mind how close I was and were hopefully glad to have someone to talk with briefly. Who knows, though?
I walked for a while cause I really didn't feel good at that point, plus I was at the prettiest part of the route (out on Geoduck Road). I listened to a song by the guy from The Frames (it was one of the songs from the Once soundtrack)... oh, his name is Glen Hansard, and he sings/plays with a girl who's name I can't pronounce -- Marketa Irglova (I guess I can pronounce it, just can never remember it). I'm pretty sure he plays the guitar, and she the piano. There is also a violin (and cello, maybe... I can't remember). Anyway, there are no vocals in that particular song (The Swell Season), and it was perfect for walking amoung the trees.
I ran again, listening to We Believe (RHCP) and one other song that I can't remember, before I arrived back at the apartment.