my hands feel amazing right now. rough and raw.
I was in the climbing gym for about 3 hours today with Hannah. We have a pretty sweet little setup going together here. She was the girl I tutored on Tuesday this week at the Writing Center, and now she is tutoring/coaching me with my climbing. This came about because we met again at Ben's party last night and I overheard her talking about her job at the gym. It was then that I remembered seeing her in there, working on her first route. After talking about it we decided to meet up today. We worked really hard just on technique and style, experimenting and readjusting how we look at the wall we are approaching. Climbing is a lot like writing (as is running.)
My arms are already feeling it which shows me that I really did make improvements today. Painful as it is, I love this feeling in my hands. I think I am going to try to go tomorrow just to build on what I did with my hands today. Hannah works Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays which happen to be the days that I can usually actually climb. I like running on Tuesdays and Thursdays and Sundays, so that works out really well. Tomorrow I think I will climb and run depending on how much work I get done today.

I am in the middle of writing my integration paper, and in the middle of my seminar reading, so if I can finish those two things today then tomorrow I just need to write my sem paper and start next week's sem reading, and work on some spanish work.
*Sigh* neverending work. I also need to start my application for Peru, and get going on my research project before it gets too late on those things which will start building up in a couple weeks. At least I have Thanksgiving Break before either of those two projects need to be done.

I know its a bit harsh to push myself so hard when I am already emotionally strained. But maybe it is the best time to grow. Use my anger, my sadness for some good. Channel it outward and into something else. I can't be debilitated anymore or I'll just fall of the face of the planet out of uselessness.

Ben Steiner shared something with me last night that put some things in perspective.
And Ben Joselyn is coming to visit me today, which just goes to show... well, it shows a lot of things, especially due to the exceptional similarity between this situation with Zach and the whole thing with Ben that happened years back.
Well anyway, I really need to get this paper finished before he arrives.