and I remembered what wonders the sun can do."


Today was a good day. Despite having printed off the wrong paper, things seemed to unfold nicely. Had a fair seminar, and a fun meeting brainstorming Inkwell. My parents stopped by and spent a couple hours in the Castle with me. It was great seeing them, talking to them, having them at school with me. I think I will always feel closer to them now that they know where I work.

Then Tyler came in and brought me a hot chocolate, which was... perfect. It was the sweetest gesture ever, and totally unexpected. What an amazing friend. We talked for a bit while I skimmed an older Inkwell, and he sketched some things. I was anxious to have a session since I had only had two since the beginning of the quarter. This guy walked in looking for an appointment and I volunteered. We only have 40 minutes. I didn't struggle with the session because I feel like I had a lot of backup plans, but he was definitely one of the more challenging people I've had to work with. It would have been harder for me if I had been in other sessions all day. I was pretty fresh, making it much easier. But gosh... tutoring as a reciprocal process. NOT. Well, I did what I could.

Today I always felt like I was where I was supposed to be. Right now such certainty of place, or rightness, it isn't as strong. But maybe that's just a conflict between heart and head. "All you see is where else you could be when you're at home."

I wish I could do something every day that would make you smile. I wish I could make you smile...

It could complete my day to see you, but it could also ruin it. And maybe I shouldn't gamble with my moments of brief joy.