In a lot of ways it is very different here, but --in just enough ways to make me feel okay-- it is a bit like Peru. 1 is that I can still speak Spanish, with the cooks and most of the employees. Also, saw a tugtuk on the way through town. :) These things help me adjust. But as I was driving through town and saw all the signs in Spanish (even after only being in the states for a day and a half) I felt home again, and realized I probably will actually end up spending a good portion of my life in South and Central America. When I got back into the states I definately did not feel welcome. I guess that is how customs is set up, but for fucks sake, they could at least be civil, and maybe even smile. Or at the very least, not yell and treat you like you did something wrong. It pisses me off.
Oh well, just one more reason to gtfo of that country.

The first dive of the week was fun... once I felt comfortable breathing through a tube again. We saw a ship wreak that we get to explore more thoroughly later this week. Becca, Nathan and I are getting our Advanced Open Water certifications throughout this week.


Last night was rough. I thought I wasnt going to enjoy this family vacation at all. But then my family wanted to look at my pictures from Peru and hear stories, so that made me feel better. I miss Ben a lot. I miss classmates and teachers. I miss PSF.

Oh... the other day I texted Grey and apologized for last summer. He got back to me yesterday and said not to worry, so I hope he and I can be friends now.

I'm getting excited for NYSC, but also very anxious to be home. One thing at a time I guess. Its only a little over a month, anyway.

hmm... everyone at this dive resort is old...
hahah.
1 more dive today, and maybe some kayaking too.