I am overwhelmed!!! Big surprise right?!?! But my brain is still in a fairly decent place, so that is a positive. I can feel myself slipping a bit though; some things are really eating at me.

Tutoring is becoming more of a commitment than I anticipated. I should be doing the work now, while I'm on the clock, instead of blogging. But my mind is full and at some point I need to actually reflect, and write for me. I love tutoring, but yesterday reminded me how difficult it can be. Other than the time commitment I am remembering the emotional input that is required for success in a session to happen. And it's a balancing act too: my emotions should not be completely invested in a session, but they should be present, along with passion, attention, and personality.

For now, I just need to get my shit sorted and do some planning before this and everything else starts bearing down on my happiness.


Things:

WC-
*Start prototype blog site for tutors.
*Brainstorm publicity. Bookmark design. Poster design.
*Update tutor log after each session.
*Complete weekly tutor-intern meeting.
*Work on Inkwell article.

DGF-
*Bring sketchbook, pencil, tracing paper (3 sheets), ruler (centimeters/inches), drafting triangle to class. Tomorrow.
*Drawings: 3 man-made, large sheet. 3 natural, large sheet. By Thursday.
*Read case study. Respond. Share ideas. Revise response. By Thursday night.
*Finish reading Ritual House (1st half). Respond on Work Log sheet. By Friday.
*Look for materials for Greening the Studio project. Brainstorm ideas for material use. Choose organism. Do sketches. Create prototype. By Monday.
*Read Materials and the Environment. Do worksheet. By next Wednesday.
*Read Ritual House (2nd half). Respond on Work Log sheet. By next Friday.
*Rethink 'Greening' project based on feedback (from next Tuesday). Create final. By next, next Monday.


I know even once I get these things done, more will have been started, and more yet will come. I must find a balance. Homework parties are positive situations if I can maintain my focus and motivation is mutual. Going to Sizizis for late-night refreshments will help. Movies on the weekends. Breaks for climbing. Running? (I've felt like running all day). Oh, and sleep does wonders. As does good food --THE FLAMING EGGPLANT IS OPEN, which reminds me that I need to do a cash withdrawal so I can actually eat there. And there are various other personal things to be done ASAP, not the least of which is finding an eye doctor (that accepts our insurance?), getting an appointment, and getting an update prescription for contacts and frames for glasses. Without that I am going to run out of contacts soon, I won't be able to see anything, and then everything else will fall to pieces.

And I'm rambling. But it feels good to off-load. Now back to work.