My ankles aren't fractured!
Which is great!
but uhhh, what's wrong with them then?!
Whatever it is, I am supposed to do lots of stretches and strengthening exercises. Oh, and not climb for at least another month. I just can't re-stress the injury or its gonna keep setting me back. So if I do top-roping only then I can't land on my ankles and I'm good to go. Problem: no top-roping at Evergreen. Solution: Get a month membership at The Warehouse. Problem: I need another person to top-rope. Solution: Who's with me?


Oh, and I need to decide whether I am going back to Peru for Spring quarter, or next Fall. In the meantime, I need to figure out who is coming with me (or not); write my academic contract so I can get credit while working and researching in Pisco; look for places to stay when I spend time rock climbing in Lima.

I've been reading a pile of books since break started, mostly thinking further about appropriate technology and the influence of NGOs. I was also looking through my notes from camp and struck gold on a potential idea. Simply stated, the material inputs needed for the process I am looking into are biproducts that are available in Pisco. I would need to know how to harvest and combine them for this use. But I am no chemist. This is one of the reasons I am considering going next Fall; I could potentially get many of my scientific questions answered at NYSC this summer, and maybe even find someone who is interested in coming with me. Though... I'd be leaving for Peru shortly after camp (hopefully) and its hard to find people that spontaneous.

Another reason I am considering postponing the trip is so I can take a chemistry, or woodworking, or otherwise Pisco-relavent course (on top of the Designing Green design-build program) during Spring quarter.


On a more certain note:
I adore being at home! My family is just wonderful, and I am relishing down-time ...if you can call it that; I'm always working on something. I just mean I enjoy NOT having deadlines pressing down on me 24-7. So, apart from reading and research I have been hand-making creative gifts for my family, and teaching myself how to play the banjo. ^_^ AND I already ordered my books for next quarter which I can hopefully starting flipping through next week.