in my research today I was looking through old emails to find some of the resources Uncle David sent me last year. I came across an email from while I was in Peru where he talked about meeting an Evergreen faculty member, Rob Knapp at a conference he went to. Rob ended up being one of my teachers this year and so I thought I'd reply and tell David about it. Upon reading the rest of the email I remembered that he was going to be in North Bend the day he wrote it and that seemed like it must have been around this time last year. I looked at the date of the email and it was May 8th. Thought it was funny that I came across the email a year later to the day.

May 8th was also my first day in Pisco. Pisco created a context for my research and exploration of adobe as a seismically resistant material. For a year I have been looking for reason to continue believing in its potential in that regard, and I found a glimmer of it today. So... even though I'm not getting much done, I kinda feel like I'm on the right track.