Its sick when people can't recognize themselves in the mirror.
Today the mirror is a movie. But it's not just a movie...
When is a story ever really just a story? We must be just too used to believing that they are.

I guess I thought I could handle watching something so incredibly disturbing and dark in a roomful of other people. I guess I thought other people cared about the same things I do.

But no. They don't. They didn't get it. They didn't even fucking get it. And they don't fucking care.

How someone could leave the theatre saying "there should have been more blood...I loved it but it wasn't bloody enough" after the story they just witnessed, is absolutely beyond me. It took everything I had not to lose it at those people in the hall on the way out. "Don't you see that what you are saying epitomizes everything the movie was criticizing?" If I could have said it so clearly at that point, I would have, but I was shaking and would have just started ranting and cussing and crying and being hysterical, so I kept it in. I kinda regret it though...

I mean, fuck.. they might as well have been sitting at the "Capital" watching the actual "hunger games" and saying "yea, it's entertaining, but I want to see more blood." Isn't that the whole point of the story? That we are so goddamned desensitized to violence and people's suffering that we turn it into a game?

Or a movie... not as a story we should draw insight and thought from (of course not), but as a fucking form of entertainment where we can mock ourselves mocking ourselves about being inhumane, disgusting, oblivious, and monstrous, and then turn around and be inhumane, disgusting, oblivious, and monstrous about it; treat it as just something we can enjoy and then even laugh about and say "there should have been more blood" even though we just watched 24 kids completely slaughter each other... FUCK THAT

Real or not, if you can leave after that smiling or complaining about the entertainment factor, you clearly missed the whole fucking point.

The story got its inspiration from somewhere... lets look around...
hmmm
It couldn't possibly be our culture and our wars and our video game violence, and our complete lack of regard for the well-being of the people who suffer in order for us to have it all, and our inability to any longer feel the full weight of violence and death. IT COULDN'T POSSIBLY BE THAT. or our collective unconsciousness that allows the paradox to continue (even in direct response to it being mirrored at us or shoved through our eyes and ears for 2 and half hours).

I mean, we aren't analyzing Shakespeare here people. Its pretty goddamned straightforward.
It's a good story, and yes, its entertaining... because its an fascinating portrayal of...reality. It hits the nail on the head. We're all just too fucking numb to realize it.

Mom said it best: "its hard to feel much of anything after watching that."
but it did hurt me and it fueled my anger, because as far as I'm concerned, it is real. We are already there. We are already being taken from our homes to kill other people, and we are called to appreciate this as our only way to maintain freedom. We are already being suppressed through fear-tactics and police violence and lies on the screens. We are already separated into districts: "third world" "first world," "homeless" "in poverty" "middle class" "rich/1%." We are already being exploited and exploiting other for resources in order to continue the possibility of lavish lifestyles. We already mock and get pleasure from other people's real-life hardships on reality television. We already.... on and on and on.


meh, maybe I'm getting too worked up about it. maybe I'm expecting too much of people. i feel better having gotten it out there though...