Losing your best friend, losing someone you know well, losing someone you hardly know.
Loss of life is loss.

We lose people everyday. Well, yea, people die everyday. But we also lose people who pass us briefly. We lose them, but we also take them with us, and we also make them. We effect everyone we tou
ch. We take something from them (or more accurately, they share something with us) and we, them.
This is what I think, ...what I hope.
I hope he remembered me. I remembered him. But... maybe that's only because I have pictures of him.
Either way, I can remember him now. His life will be remembered, by me, at least. Like the bird. The dead bird in the sun. The backwards bird in the sky. His backwards life in my mind. From my eye, flipped, to my lens, flipped, to my mind, flipped, switched, backwards, upside-down. Tilted. Tinted. Leaned against the truck.


ugghfdslahginlnv. I don't have anything else.


"Alex,
I will get to your letters ASAP.
Did you know that John Smith at Growing Places in Centralia died?
I went to his memorial service today in Centralia. They showed photos of his life including one you took of him leaning on the pickup truck showing plans to all of us who were there that day. So many people talked about his huge hands and they thought your photo captured them best. Your photos were truly significant today for many many people.
Take care and be the best photographer you can - it means so much when we least expect it.
Martha."