Class was canceled today. So I worked on the How I Write paper for practicum.
I ate breakfast and lunch at the Greenery, which is rare.
I decided not to go to the study abroad workshop (which I know was a good decision because of other things I had to do, but kinda regret it now because I don't think I am going to get into Andean Roots...)

Good things about today though::

Sky put in a recommendation with Sandy for me and Trevor. He told us after our practicum today (our first actually experience tutoring!!) I felt pretty damn good after that, even though I was so nervous going into it, and felt that inhibited me a lot. But I have areas to work on now, and I am ready to step it up.

Then I went to the academic fair, which is always fun, then overwhelming, then shitty. Ha. I went to the Andean Roots table first, and I didn't have any questions, I just wanted to meet the teachers and hear what they had to say. What I learned was good, and I am soooooooo set on taking it. But this fuckin sophomore status is a killer. Who knows what will happen.
Anywho, then I went to see Sandy at the Writing Center table and she had her delicious cookies, so I ate one and stood around while she was talking to someone else. Then she was like, "hey, I just want to let you know that I just read your reflection, and I want you to know that we put that article in the curriculum for a reason, because of the potential for it to resonate with students. As you pointed out, it didnt seem to hit many people, but you really got it and you should never second guess yourself on how something like that makes you feel." The actual interaction was more conversational, but that is basically what it came down to. It was just really cool. This is what I love about having teachers who can put a face with the name of the person who's paper they are reading. She has done this so many times, and class has only actually met like 7 times. It is quite amazing. And it really boosted me when I was overwhelmed. Anyway, then I wandered for a long time, talking to people. I saw Ralph and Martha which was strangely awesome. Its just nice to have these professors know you so well, and like shake your hand and remember you and take interest in your life. I love that about this place.
Anyway, that made me feel better too, but then I ran into Dani from class and someone had stolen/taken her purse. I felt so fuckin bad for her so I got her number and like ran around the gym frantically looking for it. Although I had no luck, I really hope she was able to track it down. After a bit of that, I decided to go the the INS table, just to check it out, because I was so discouraged by the prospect of not getting into AR. I decided I would feel better if I at least knew what I was getting into with plan B. I met the guy teacher (the only faculty from the program who got a good review on ratemyprofessor), and he was truely helpful and encouraging. Not that I am like super stoked to take that class, but at least I am pretty sure I am capable of passing it. Algebra + biology + chemestry + physics = Daunting. But... he said I am prepared, so...

I left the fair at 5 and went back to my dorm to wait for the camp person to call me. I took a nap cause she wasnt calling. Then went to Annie's with Tyler and Ben and we watched Saved. The camp lady called me during the movie and told me she didnt know if she could hire me because i can't make the last week, but she would get back to me on friday. I think if they want me, I will go. If not, I also applied to that day camp in Seattle, and I will just do that, or figure something out.

Yea, after the movie we all went to Rob's to hang out. It was a fun night. It was a late night. And now I want to go to bed.

Oh, and as you can tell, after that very breif hiatus, I am writing here again.